- Hobart observers must operate Ceduna an AuScope telescopes (Ke and Yg this time). If there are any problems with Ceduna that can’t be fixed remotely, contact Bev on 0428 252 195
- Hobart observers operate Hobart 26m remotely.
- Hobart is being controlled through newsmerd VNC on display :1 (port 5901) and Ceduna through pcfscd VNC on display :0 (port 5900).
- For Hobart VNC session Skype chat is in virtual display 1 ; cdisko, oscillator_gui, Folly, OTTER are all in virtual display 3 and pcfs is in display 5
- For Ceduna VNC session cdisko, DAS, pcfs are all in the left-top virtual display and oscillator_gui, Folly interface are in the centre-top virtual display.
- Don’t forget to update the ATNF wiki for each experiment. Bare minimum is frequencies, DAS profile and disks. Add any other relevant information. (See past entries for reference.)
- Every observer please identify yourself and your physical location (AuScope Room or Mt Pleasant) in Skype chat during your shift; when going to sleep, please write your mobile phone number.
- Please remember to stick a sticky label note with the experiment name on the disks when you remove them!
Some good web pages to monitor
Observing & Monitoring Checklists:
Observing setup checklist for Hobart and Ceduna can be found here.
Hobart, Ceduna, Yarragadee, Katherine
|Experiment||Configuration Ho,Cd||DAS Profile||Start time (AEST)||Theme — PI||!Observers|
|vc270||84GHz||| vsop.pro||Tue 10:00–11:00||Gaia link sources — A.de Witt||TBA|
|v518a||lba3cm-1p-4IF.set||| vsop.pro||Tue 11:00-Wed 10:00||Gaia link sources — Aletha de Witt||TBA, TBA, TBA|
|vc2711||84GHz||| Mark5||Wed 10:00–11:00||LBA Calibrator Survey — L.Petrov||TBA|
|v518n||lba3cm-1p-4IF.set||| Mark5||Wed 11:00-Thu 11:00||LBA Calibrator Survey — L.Petrov||TBA, TBA, TBA|
1 For some reason, Katherine was not included in this experiment, however it is included in the subsequent one.