Backend diagram and setup for the S-X Geodesy receiver for Flux Density Monitoring.
- Check that the Phase Calibration cable (normally in for IVS Experiments) is disconnected. The Phase Calibration cable is located at the back of rack 10, a small white rope is attached to it.
- Move the S-X receiver to the focus position (X=−256.3, Y=248.7, Z=18), the receiver focus controls are located on the bottom of rack 2.
- Select Receiver One (rx1) on the multifeed control computer.
- Connect a band pass equalizer to A21 and the TVI filter to A22.
- Setup the backend as per diagram above, a list of terminal locations can be found at the end of this page.
- Ensure that the power output of the Square Law Dectector (SLD) is between −5 and −4 dBm, if not, adjust the programmable atteuators until the SLD output is acceptable.
- You are now ready to start observing using Bruce, SmartBruce? or SamTest.
- A21 and A22
- Located near the top of rack 5.
- +20dB Amplifiers
- Located on rack 3, third panel down from the top.
- Programmable Attenuators
- Located on rack 2, second panel down from the top.
- Square Law Detector
- Located on rack 3, eighth panel down from the top.
- Sampler input 1A and 1B
- Located on rack 3, tenth panel down from the top, first silver panel.